Monday, March 21, 2011

Fighting Depression


Battling Depression ...again



I am fighting my way back from a dark tunnel of depression. I worry way too much sometimes about things I have no control over. As far as politics go, I can only vote my conscience. I am not physically able to go to rallies and protests. I can and do sign petitions to promote causes which I favor. I write blogs as a way to relax. Sometimes, I just tell jokes that I have read or heard elsewhere and try to arrange them in a somewhat 'artistic' way using HTML. I'm not very good at CSS.

Depression and MS go hand-in-hand but the relationship is somewhat like the 'chicken and the egg'. Does MS physically trigger depression, or does one become emotionally depressed because of the MS/Figromyalgia/unknown auto immune disease? Personally I think there is a little bit of both happening.

Auto-immune is just a fancy way of saying that I'm allergic to myself. Okay that's a bit over-simplified but that's what I believe. I understand the MS and Fibromyalgia somewhat. It's that 3rd auto-immune syndrome that nobody has been able to put a name to yet that really drives my crazy. So far it's been called 'possible lupus', eczema, 'some kind of allergy', and 'some kind of auto-immune skin disease'. But no one has been able to identify it for certain. I've tried many different things to relieve the symptoms over the past 15 years, but can't get more than minor relief. The only thing that really works is oral steroids. Oral steroids bring more complications such as weight gain and I am already too heavy.

This has been the longest bout of depression I have ever had. It started in November and I'm still struggling. Yes, the "S" word has come to my mind frequently. If it weren't for my husband, there is no doubt in my mind that I would use the "S" remedy. He is a rock! I am so lucky to have a husband that is also my best friend.

I want to stay up on current events and put in my two-cents, but I think humor is the best medicine right now. Okay...enough whining! Pity party is now over.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's today's humor:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment